Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Benefits of Solitude

Periodically being afforded the luxury of days to journey into peaceful solitude is utter bliss. Relaxing before a blazing fire as I meditate upon God's edifying Holy Word, or read fine Christian literature that makes my spirit soar, or peruse pages of cozily appointed homes, or plan my newest garden area are all reinvigorating ways for me to spend delightful hours, tucked away in solitude. What a treat it is to while away virgin hours devoid of anyone else's agenda that would distract, interrupt or make demands. Akin to an unwrapped gift awaiting discovery, is it to be totally absorbed in whatever task is at hand, all encompassed by delicious solitude. Therapeutic replenishment for my thirsty soul is being fully engaged in such passions, after which I am recharged and ready yet again to be fully available for the ones I love, as well as prepared to tackle the daily routines. My needy tank, having once again been filled with the sustenance, fortitude, joy, truth and beauty necessary to keep-on-keeping-on, I forge ahead with renewed vision and hope.


How sweet is rest after fatigue! How sweet will heaven be when our journey is ended.

--George Whitefield

2 comments:

  1. Think I'll folow this blog instead. Nice posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious solitude! How I wish I had more of it these days. What a beautiful way to describe the soul that longs for sweet solitude.

    ReplyDelete