Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fiery Flames of Destruction


As I've been hearing the devastating news and viewing the unfathomable photos coming out of Colorado Springs, my tears flow freely.  Deeply am I grieving, especially for those connected to Focus on the Family and Family Talk.  Dr. James Dobson/Godson has been my hero and mentor since I was a newlywed, over three decades ago.  I love and esteem him like he was my own father.  Due, in large part, to his exemplary, Christ-like influence in my life, I've developed into the person I am.  While reading this heartbreaking blog by Jim, I was struck by the thought of the eternal flames of hell that eagerly lap at those who have rejected Jesus, King of kings and Lord of lords.  As urgent as it is for the inhabitants of Colorado to flee the flames engulfing their beautiful state, it is even more urgent for the inhabitants of this corrupt world to flee the flames that will destroy their very souls!  Thousands have been separated from their homes by the raging wildfire, but many will return to homes unscathed.  Those whose homes are destroyed, will rebuild.  Imagine being separated from Jesus for all eternity due to the fiery flames of hell!  I pray peace, comfort and safety for my Colorado brothers and sisters in the Lord, particularly for those aforementioned, as well as for those at Ellerslie, in Windsor.  What Dr. Dobson has meant in my life, Eric Ludy means in the lives of my children.  In Jesus' holy, majestic and powerful Name.  Amen.    


No comments:

Post a Comment